Reporting an Absence
When calling the 24-Hour Attendance Line, please leave the following information:
- State and spell the student's name.
- Date of absence.
- Reason for absence (illness, medical appointment, etc.)
- Caller name, phone number, and relationship to the student.
A call or email must be made for each day that a student is absent.
Student Attendance Expectations
Regular and on-time attendance is essential for a child's success in school. It is also a requirement established by the State of California State Education Code and Administrative Code, Title V.
Some key excerpts from these sources are:
- Students shall attend school punctually and regularly.
- Students shall be required to provide validation of absence for health reasons.
- Students shall remain on school grounds during the entire day unless granted permission to leave by authorized personnel.